Browse through our listing of talents and at the same time post job openings.
Register now for free!
Date of Clearance Adjudication:
August 06, 2009
April 24, 2012 – April 14, 2022
Expiration Date – November 01, 2021
French – Speaking: Intermediate, Reading: Intermediate, Writing: Intermediate
Stateside – District of Columbia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia,
Overseas – Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, Egypt, France, Gabon, Germany, Haiti, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sudan, Zambia, Zimbabwe,
Highlight Write Up:
I am a lead by example, result oriented team builder, with extensive international experience in management and executive positions in operations, security, force protection, asset protection, special operations, logistics, personnel, risk management, strategic and analytical planning and intelligence gathering for four major Department of Defense organizations and would be an excellent candidate for this position. As you can see in the attached resume, I have almost 20 years experience in every region of the African continent, extensive dealings in Asia as well in Latin America.
Throughout my military career, I have served in a combination of conventional military service that expanded in special operations and then onward into diplomatic, intelligence and security cooperation. This career path has allowed me to develop a vision of comprehensive changes necessary to promote U.S. foreign policy, while ensuring national security and building partner nation capacities and capabilities; all key for success in the 21st Century as well as developing training packages for all levels of execution. Examples of my experience in leading change can be found throughout my career at all levels; the tactical or operator level, the operational or business operations plan and strategic or vision level.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Should you have any questions on my qualifications or availability, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Africa – Duration: 20 years expereince; all regions
– Duration: 1-4 weeks
– Duration: 1-4 weeks
Position Write Up:
Number of months in position – 18
Brigade Commander, USASATMO. Most recently served as the Commander of a Brigade-equivalent unit that is AMC’s implementing agent for OCONUS Security Assistance training. I deploy on the average 150 teams to 50 countries, training 6000 foreign Soldiers annually. I routinely task Army major commands and other Army activities to support validated mission requirements. Responsible for selection, formation, preparation, deployment, mission execution, sustainment and redeployment of Security Assistance training teams deployed at the direction of Office of Secretary of Defense in support of Country training, mission performance and theater security cooperation plans worldwide. Coordinates directly with country teams, Unified Commands, major commands Army staff, other Services, Department of Defense and State Department, as necessary. Commands an organization of 390 Soldiers, civilians and contractors with an operating budget averaging $2.5 million and mission funds of $71million. Notable achievements included:
- Restructuring command to meet new mission requirements for agility and flexibility.
Executed building partner and security assistance training initiatives to Namibia and Liberia, representing first time internal resources were used to executed overseas training missions
Number of months in position – 24
Director of Security Cooperation, US Army Africa. I served as the principal staff officer for all security assistance and security cooperation actions; responsible for fostering military-to-military cooperation, humanitarian assistance, civil military operations and for preparing for future engagement opportunities through the theater security cooperation program. I established requirements, set priorities and oversaw the programming, budgeting and execution of activities with foreign armies in support of the United States Army. I integrated the synchronized Army security cooperation activities with other major elements of the US government and advised the commander of US Governmental interests and requirements throughout the assigned area of responsibility. Notable highlights included:
- Developed all land forces engagement and security cooperation policies and plans for the United States Army Africa Command contingent for the entire African continent. Security Cooperation engagement rose from a scheduled 4 per year to 186 in 15 months.
Developed comprehensive engagement and visit program covering African continent and included African Union designated peace keeping command and control elements.
Number of months in position – 24
Defense and Army attache to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Responsible for the overall direction and management of U.S. Defense Attache Office (DAO), American Embassy, Abuja, Nigeria and the satellite office in Lagos, exercising command authority. Diplomatically accredited to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and to the Economic Community of West African States, (ECOWAS), for regional peacekeeping, defense and security issues. Collected and reported military and political-military information in response to tasking and on initiative. Represented the Secretary of Defense, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Commander of the U.S. European and later, the U.S. Africa Command and the Director, Defense Intelligence Agency to host nation and ECOWAs officials. I served as the military advisor the U.S. ambassador. Served as the senior military delegation member of the Gulf of Guinea Energy Security Cooperation talks. Responsible for all security assistance and cooperation matters to include training and equipment purchases. I provided for the health and welfare of all assigned military personnel and their family members. I was designated as the U.S. Defense Representative in Nigeria. Notable achievements included:
- Represented the US government as senior U.S. Defense Department representative and observer to numerous US governmental initiatives to include commercial negotiations for the sales and financing of US manufactured defense materials and equipment for items valued in excess of $6,000,000 directly in support of land based and maritime security operations in the Gulf of Guinea and for African continental peace support operations.
Developed extensive contacts with senior political and military leadership with this priority country in West Africa.
Number of months in position – 276
Between 1982 and 2005, I served in a variety of command and staff billets; in both foreign and U.S. environments; in peace and combat. Specificity is available upon request. I was commissioned as a Infantry and was a Distinguished Military Graduate through Army ROTC. After serving in junior officer command billets was the 25th Infantry Division, I went to Army Special Forces Training and was later branch transferred to Special Forces. In a variety of diplomatic assignments, I served as Defense and Army Attache on four separate tours and served once as the security assistance chief. During all my diplomatic assignments, I served as the senior Department of Defense representative and was responsible in all cases for the development, implementation, coordination and execution of foreign military sales and financing, international training and all security assistance and security cooperation matters.
- During first duty station, my Rifle platoon under my instruction and tutelage earned more Expert Infantrymen Badges that the battalion I was assigned to did.
- Honor graduate from the Special Forces Qualification course.
- Served as commander of initial engagement with Para battalion of Republic of Zaire
- Served as senior advisor to mechanized/armor brigade in combat operations. Unit achieved all objectives with minimal losses in terms of personnel and equipment
- Responsible for the coordination and safe and secure receipt, staging and onward movement of approximately 1000 survivors from the sinking of the SS Achille Lauro
- Handled all aspects of security assistance ranging from training development through development of foreign military sales and financing programs, excess defense articles (EDA), bilateral exercise development
- Served as Program Manager for the construction of a $1 million vehicle maintenance facility for the Republic of Djibouti
- Served as the Task Force Commander for a major bilateral special operations exchange and training exercise in North Africa.
- Served as OIC for NonCombatant Evacuation operations from the Central Africa Republic.
- Served as the classified liaison between the Defense Intelligence Agency and US Army Special Operations Forces to develop common training standards.
- Served Deputy Director of Operations for all of US Forces stationed in Japan, the USG\’s #2 ally. I was responsible for the coordination of all operational matters to include exercises, planning as well operating the Joint Operations Center.
- Developed extensive relationships with insurgents in rebel territory during the Cote d Ivoire civil war. Responsible for safeguard and eventual evacuation of all U.S. citizens endangered by hostilities.
- Served as OIC for NonCombatant Evacuation operations from the Cote d Ivoire.
- Led teams to resolve operational, organizational, security and support issues throughout the Middle East, EurAsia, the Pacific Rim, Africa and Japan with high degrees of success despite dangerous local conditions.
- Routinely coordinated with the highest levels of government to include Ambassadors, Cabinet level officials, legislators, Presidents and Prime Ministers.
Skills Write Up:
Speaks French and basic knowledge of Portuguese and Spanish languages. International political, military and security affairs expert on the African continent. Computer literate; possesses current Department of Defense Top Secret clearance. Graduate of numerous leadership, management, security and senior executive training courses as well as numerous military combatant specialty courses.
Military schools include Infantry Officer Basic and Advance courses, Airborne, Infantry Mortar Platoon Leader Course, JumpMaster, Ranger, Special Forces Qualification Course, Command and General Staff College, Joint Military Attache Course, Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management (DISAM), Air War College (non-resident), Army War College , Brigade PreCommand course and Senior Officer Legal Orientation.
Military awards and decorations include Defense Superior Service Medal (2), Legion of Merit (2), Bronze Star (Valor), Defense Meritorious Service Medal(3), Meritorious Service Medal (2), Army Commendation Medal (2), Army Achievement Medal , Ranger Tab, Special Forces tab, Expert Infantryman Badge, Combat Infantryman Badge, Senior Parachutist Badge, Saudi Arabia Kuwait Liberation Medal, Kuwait Liberation medal, Djiboutian 27 June Medal (Chevalier class) , Tunisian Parachutist Badge and Zaire Parachutist Badge.
Education Write Up:
University of Central Florida (09/01/1980 – 04/30/1982)
Degree: BA – Major: History
GPA: 3.6 Quarter Hours: 126
Description: Magna Cum Laude
University of Florida (01/05/1993 – 04/30/1994)
Degree: Master of Arts – Major: Political Science; Minor: International Relations;
GPA: 3.0 Semester Hours: 33
Description: also received a certificate in African studies.
US Army War College (05/15/2005 – 07/01/2006)
Degree: Masters of Arts – Major: Strategic Studies
GPA: 3.0 Semester Hours: 30
To find out more about Green Beret Foundation, or its programs and services, please visit www.greenberetfoundation.org.
Please contact us for now if you need to.
Basic: Post your positions thru our Candidate searchable "Position Builder" which includes your company contact information. With over 10,000 views a month, this maximizes your position requirement exposure to not only our highly qualified candidates but the entire SOF community and beyond. Initial posting exposure reaches an average of 40,000 people in the DoD, and Inter Agency with the highest exposure being over 70,000 and growing.
Basic Service: $50 per month
Premium Service: This service includes posting your positions and having BEYOND SOF staff assists in the vetting and selection process. This also includes a 30 day early termination refund or 90 day replacement. We tailor a service agreement that aligns with your business model and company strategy. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with BEYOND SOF allows you access to our selective network of both US and International clients. Our focus is primarily new contract opportunities to formulate new enduring forms of revenue for our clients. Contact us to learn more at email@example.com
Up through NSA cleared. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For companies looking to streamline systems, better enable their human capital, expand ROI, buy small companies with niche capabilities that enhance overall strategy, or sell of divisions that will enable focusing on new directions. Contact us at email@example.com
Rapid Acquisition: Full spectrum.
We start with finding the funding first, then tailoring the solution within those constraints/enablers to offer the full turn-key solution. Let us move your product/service in both CONUS and International arenas...firstname.lastname@example.org