Date of Clearance Adjudication:
April 19, 2010
Janaury 07, 2014 – Janaury 07, 2019
Yes (Service Connected) – Percentage: 60%
Expiration Date – May 15, 2012
English – Speaking: Basic, Reading: Basic, Writing: Basic
Stateside – District of Columbia
Overseas – N/A
Highlight Write Up:
Retired U.S. Army Special Forces Lieutenant Colonel specializing in special operations and intelligence planning. Has served as a military detailee to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), a staff officer in the Army G3 and in numerous special operations units prior to becoming a contract staff officer for the INSCOM G3, the Joint Staff J2, and the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA) and, currently, the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
Geo Location: Germany – Duration: 5 years Iran – Duration: 3 months Iraq – Duration: 1-4 weeks Turkey – Duration: 1-4 weeks Balkans – Duration: 6 months Kenya – Duration: 1-4 weeks Egypt – Duration: 1-4 weeks
Position Write Up: Number of months in position – 52
Senior Intelligence (Counter Terrorism) Analyst & DOD Other COCOM Lead/ Project Manager: CACI Technologies support to Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)/ Defense Combating Terrorism Center (DCTC)’s Department of Defense (DoD) Security Classification/Declassification Review Team (August 2009 – Present)
Number of months in position – 9
Senior Intelligence Planner/ Project Manager: CACI Technologies support to Defense Intelligence Agency’s (DIA’s) Solutions for Intelligence Analysis (SIA) programs (March – June 2008 and November 2008 – July 2009)
Number of months in position – 3
Senior Intelligence Analyst/ Project Manager: CACI Technologies support to DIA’s SIA task order for Iran Deployment Backfill Support to the Iran Division, Middle East North Africa Office (MNA-2) (July 2008 – November 2008)
Number of months in position – 20
Senior Intelligence Planner/Associate: CACI-Institute for Quality Management, Inc. support contract to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) Office of Military Plans, Support and Readiness (OMSR) (August 2006 – March 2008)
Number of months in position – 14
Senior Intelligence Planner: SAIC support contract to Joint Staff J2 (Intelligence Directorate), the PENTAGON, Washington, D.C. (May 2005 – July 2006)
Number of months in position – 26
Intelligence Analyst: SAIC support contract to US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) G3 (Operations) Force Management, Fort Belvoir, Virginia (February 2003 – April 2005)
Number of months in position – 2
Washington Support Specialist: DynCorp International LLC, Support to the United States Department of State Diplomatic Security, Washington, D.C. (December 2002 – January 2003)
Skills Write Up:
• Specializes in special operations and intelligence planning. 33 years Counter Terrorism (CT) experience: 20 – military/13 – contractor: 3 –tactical command, 6-direct operational staff, 24-higher level operations and intelligence staff.
• Extensive and visionary military and Intelligence Agency experience: makes the “interagency process” works for all parties.
• Was the Army’s controller for all Special Access Programs (SAPs) in the joint arena.
• Coordinated CIA sensitive interagency global support and was by-name requested to deploy to Bosnia by the Chief of Station.
• Planned and supported several contingency operations and Non-combatant Evacuation Operations (NEOs) and was a primary author for U.S. European Command’s Operation SILVER ANVIL –the Special Operations Command (Europe) led NEO of 438 people–including 42 third-country nationals–from Sierra Leone in 1992.
• Developed and implemented the integration of the Combatant Commanders’ In-extremis Force (CIF) with Tier Forces • Has commanded a military free-fall and underwater capable special mission unit (Project GREENLIGHT).
• Developed (in 1983) the Special Operations plans that were used by 5th Special Forces Group during Desert Shield/Storm (1991) and Operations Enduring Freedom (OEF) (2001) and Iraqi Freedom (OIF) (2003).
• Helped the Department of State select, train and equip the Karzai Protective Detail (KPD) for the President of Afghanistan.
• Was lead intelligence planner for the Joint Staff J2 and NGA intelligence planning for U.S. Central Command, Joint IED Defense Organization, Joint Personnel Recovery Agency, Joint Staff CONPLAN 0300 and U.S. Special Operations Command Plan 7500 (Global War on Terrorism), and he was key in developing current Intelligence Planning (IP) concepts, processes and doctrine.
• In 2008 he helped write the CACI’s winning proposal and was the first Project Manager for DIA’s Solutions for Intelligence Analysis (SIA) task order providing Deployable Iran Analysts to backfill the DIA’s Iran Division. Ray quickly verified CACI’s proposal by successfully deploying two analysts within 30 days (the normal DIA pre-deployment timeline regularly being 90 days).
• Currently a Senior Intelligence (Counter Terrorism) Analyst and DOD Other COCOM Lead supporting the DIA/Defense Combating Terror Center (DCTC)’s DoD Security Classification/Declassification Review Team and the teams SAP and ACCM manager.
Education Write Up:
• Master’s Degree – Political Science Liberal Arts & Sciences, General Studies, & Humanities University of Kansas, Lawrence 1989
• Bachelor’s Degree – General Liberal Arts & Sciences, General Studies, & Humanities United States Military Academy (NY) 1976
• Air War College Unique Majors or Other Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, 1997
• Armed Forces Staff College Unique Majors or Other Armed Forces Staff College, National Defense University, Norfolk Naval Base 1995
• U.S. Army Command and General Staff College Unique Majors or Other U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth 1994
• Joint Military Intelligence Training Center Intelligence Planner’s (Pilot) Course, Bolling AFB, 2008
• National Geospatial-Intelligence College Iran; Geospatial Perspective Course, Washington, DC, 2007
• Federal Bureau of Investigation Basic Pattern and Recognition, Clarksburg, WV, 2005
• INSCOM Counterterrorism Analysis, Fort Belvoir, VA, 2004
• INSCOM Basic Analyst Managers, Fort Belvoir, VA, 2003
• Defense Special Access Program Security Management, Washington, DC, 1999
• Basic Weapons Qualification Course, Camp Perry, VA, 1996
• Joint Psychological Operations, Hurlburt Field, FL, 1990
• Joint Space Intelligence Operations, Peterson Air Force Base, CO, 1989
• Joint Space Operations Fundamentals, Peterson Air Force Base, CO, 1989
• Special Forces Military Free Fall Parachutist, Fort Bragg, NC, 1983
• Dynamics of International Terrorism, Hurlburt Field, FL, 1982
• Special Atomic Demolition Munitions Course, Fort Belvoir, VA, 1982
• Special Forces Static Line Jumpmaster, Fort Bragg, NC, 1981
• Special Forces Qualification, Fort Bragg, NC, 1981
• Pathfinder, Fort Benning, GA, 1980
• Joint Air Ground Operations School, Hurlburt Field, FL, 1980
• Infantry Officer Advanced Course, Fort Benning, GA, 1980
• Ranger School, Fort Benning, GA, 1976-1977
• Infantry Officer Basic Course, Fort Benning, GA, 1976
• Airborne School, Fort Benning, GA, 1974
• RECONDO Training, Camp Buckner, NY, 1973
• United States Military Academy Preparatory School, Fort Belvoir, VA, 1972
Awards and Honors:
• National Intelligence Meritorious Unit Award to the Defense Intelligence Agency’s Defense Intelligence Agency’s DOD Security Classification/ Declassification Review Team, March 2011
• Exceptional Performance Award for Superior Accomplishment to the Central Intelligence Agency, July 1996
• National Intelligence Meritorious Unit Award to the Central Intelligence Agency’s Office of Military Affairs, July 1994
• Legion of Merit, October 2001
• Defense Meritorious Service Medal, September 1997
• Southwest Asia Service Medal (w/ bronze star) 1991
• Joint Meritorious Unit Award to United States Space Command for Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm, 1991
• NATO Service Medal for Yugoslavia, 1996
• Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, 2001
• National Defense Service Medal (w/ two bronze stars)
Please contact us for now if you need to.
Basic: Post your positions thru our Candidate searchable "Position Builder" which includes your company contact information. With over 10,000 views a month, this maximizes your position requirement exposure to not only our highly qualified candidates but the entire SOF community and beyond. Initial posting exposure reaches an average of 40,000 people in the DoD, and Inter Agency with the highest exposure being over 70,000 and growing.
Basic Service: $50 per month
Premium Service: This service includes posting your positions and having BEYOND SOF staff assists in the vetting and selection process. This also includes a 30 day early termination refund or 90 day replacement. We tailor a service agreement that aligns with your business model and company strategy. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with BEYOND SOF allows you access to our selective network of both US and International clients. Our focus is primarily new contract opportunities to formulate new enduring forms of revenue for our clients. Contact us to learn more at email@example.com
Up through NSA cleared. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For companies looking to streamline systems, better enable their human capital, expand ROI, buy small companies with niche capabilities that enhance overall strategy, or sell of divisions that will enable focusing on new directions. Contact us at email@example.com
Rapid Acquisition: Full spectrum.
We start with finding the funding first, then tailoring the solution within those constraints/enablers to offer the full turn-key solution. Let us move your product/service in both CONUS and International arenas...firstname.lastname@example.org