Period of performance: 2++ years
Our client believes the grand scale adoption of single synthetic environments by governments and international institutions will give rise to a powerful capability for global good… New levels of whole force preparedness and the harnessing of previously unattainable foresight will ultimately prevent states from stumbling into war; contributing to a more secure and prosperous world and bringing about the end of human conflict. Client works across NATO and with a wide range of industry partners to develop synthetic environments that will transform military training, planning, and decision support.
However, the company’s vision extends beyond its own products and services. They aim to establish a new development paradigm, and with it an entirely new ecosystem of content and capability. Because Client helps military simulation developers scale efficiently, integrate seamlessly, and deploy their products easily, it also enables them to meet the needs of defense customers quickly and more economically. Their platform fosters an open and dynamic supply chain by allowing for interoperability between GOTS and COTS, and between legacy systems and new ones. These factors encourage competition and benefit developers and users alike. Taken together, they will quickly lead to a diverse library of richly detailed, relevant content that encompasses situational awareness, data analytics, forecasting tools, and synthetic experiential learning. The threats to our social stability and security are increasingly fluid, sophisticated, and interrelated. Our Leaders’ ability to respond must be equally sophisticated. Planning, training, and mission-rehearsal capabilities have to be integrated strategically, operationally, and tactically across forces, government departments, and alliances, and across Political, Military, Economic, Social, Information, and Infrastructure spheres. It’s therefore essential that decision-makers are able to simulate the operating environment, agree on assumptions, evaluate options, and reach consensus swiftly on effective strategic decisions. Similarly, armed forces and national security organizations have to be able to experiment, plan, train, and rehearse effectively. Customers’ need to be able to do so collectively, frequently, and economically. Our client is committed to meeting these needs and ultimately helping the defense and national security community improve their mission outcomes in the face of an increasingly unstable and unpredictable world.
You will be in a highly visible role whose results will have a material impact on the
overall success of the company in achieving its long-term market share, revenue, and profit objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
As the BD lead for the US Federal business, you will own the success of the Clients largest and highest potential growth market. Working with the C-Suite, you will develop a comprehensive business development strategy emphasizing a partner and platform ecosystem that enables the defense industry to adopt Client’s platform as the de-facto enabling technology for full spectrum synthetic training and planning. You will work collaboratively with the Client’s Strategic counterparts, leveraging each other’s insights, networks, and BD collateral to form a global approach to commercial success.
▪ Develop a commercial strategy that aligns with selling a vision of how synthetic environments will be a radical new technology impacting all areas of the Defense/IC market.
▪ Create a public narrative (market making) for the US/North American federal business, leveraging a deep understanding of current and future customers’ needs and objectives.
▪ Grow the Client brand in the US Defense/Intelligence community while building a network of potential customers and partners. You will walk the halls and be the “face” of the Client in the Western Hemisphere.
▪ Responsible for growing/converting a substantial business development pipeline in the US/North American Federal space while being a broader beacon of the brand
▪ Design, build, scale, and lead a world-class customer-facing team that creates lasting value.
▪ Work seamlessly with the CTO Defense and wider product/engineering organization to influence the vision and roadmap, and ensuring products are built that customers want both now/future.
▪ Leverage Client’s network of senior US advisors to help facilitate business development, unlock communication channels, strengthen and establish new relationships.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
▪ Proven Senior reputation with big defense/IC (could be former top-level USG/SOF or IC). “Proven generational relationship building, temperance, and a reputation for such, at the Senior USG/Executive Staff level will be a significant determining factor”
▪ Start-up sales growth and/or big tech sales/BD into the public sector is desired. Success selling/maturing strategic relationships in an evolving product and service offerings into the dense/intel market is ideal.
▪ Emphatically customer focused; deep culture, knowledge, and understanding of the customer problem, political dynamics, and ideally, the current state of military simulation.
▪ Experience building a world class network of relationships across senior government, defense, and national security community; must have existing strong network across military, government, and industry.
▪ Track record of recruiting, motivating and leading world-class teams of proven delivery
▪ Strong foreign policy/academic background desired but not required. Ability to talk work authority and credibility to think tanks and government officials.
▪ Technically astute with a product management or engineering background is desired not required, but must be understood.
▪ Can ostensibly inspire members of the military, from soldiers to heads of state, to invest in Client’s vision.
▪ Secret clearance. Top Secret or higher is ideal but not required.
Apply here and or submit resume addressing all in red (all) and submit to attn: Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org Titled “DC VP”
Please register as Company to be able to access this Candidate's profile or email us email@example.com.
Please contact us for now if you need to.
Basic: Post your positions thru our Candidate searchable "Position Builder" which includes your company contact information. With over 10,000 views a month, this maximizes your position requirement exposure to not only our highly qualified candidates but the entire SOF community and beyond. Initial posting exposure reaches an average of 40,000 people in the DoD, and Inter Agency with the highest exposure being over 70,000 and growing.
Basic Service: $50 per month
Premium Service: This service includes posting your positions and having BEYOND SOF staff assists in the vetting and selection process. This also includes a 30 day early termination refund or 90 day replacement. We tailor a service agreement that aligns with your business model and company strategy. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with BEYOND SOF allows you access to our selective network of both US and International clients. Our focus is primarily new contract opportunities to formulate new enduring forms of revenue for our clients. Contact us to learn more at email@example.com
Up through NSA cleared. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For companies looking to streamline systems, better enable their human capital, expand ROI, buy small companies with niche capabilities that enhance overall strategy, or sell of divisions that will enable focusing on new directions. Contact us at email@example.com
Rapid Acquisition: Full spectrum.
We start with finding the funding first, then tailoring the solution within those constraints/enablers to offer the full turn-key solution. Let us move your product/service in both CONUS and International arenas...firstname.lastname@example.org