10 NOV, 2012 –
Russian – Speaking: Intermediate, Reading: Intermediate, Writing: Basic
French – Speaking: Intermediate, Reading: Intermediate, Writing: Intermediate
Stateside – Maryland, Virginia, DC
Highlight Write Up:
International affairs professional with 13 years of combined military, federal government, private sector, and academic (BS from West Point and International Affairs MA from GWU) experience. Background includes 7 years of active duty service (Army Infantry), leadership positiuons during 2 international deployments, and proficiency in French and Russian. Currently enrolled in GWU\’s Political Management Masters Program, working on the presidential campaign, and increasing knowledge of Russian language.
I blend civilian and military experience to provide unique, reliable strategic, operational, and tactical analysis and implementation support to efforts in conflict-affected environments. I contribute expertise throughout the operational planning cycle, from mission and risk analysis through post-operation effects assessment.
Afghanistan – Duration: 9 months
Europe – Duration: 3 years
Position Write Up:
Romney for President, Inc.
Georgia, DC, and Maryland
2/12 – Current
Analyst / Organizer
• Provided Regional Director timely policy recommendations based upon in-depth analysis of key issues.
• Developed mitigation plan for political platform vulnerabilities though effective constituent engagement.
• Targeted key constituents with effective canvassing campaign, mobilizing voters and identifying influencers.
1/11 – 11/11
Analyst / Operational Planner
Led analytical team in Afghanistan to assess the state of Regional Command-South’s operational campaign, ultimately steering plans to account for current and emerging security, governance, and development trends
• Synthesized quantitative and qualitative aspects throughout the planning and operations cycles to produce digestible, actionable analytical products for senior military and civilian leaders.
• Provided insight and predictive analysis in oral and written briefs to regional- and national-level commands,
• Led first ever civ-mil effort at Regional Command-South to mitigate risks and capitalize upon emerging opportunities.
Booz Allen Hamilton
Washington, DC Metro Area
6/08 – 1/11
Strategic Planner / Analyst
• In support of the Intelligence Community, wrote cables providing all-source analysis for senior national decision makers that increased understanding of key players / targets, challenges, and vulnerabilities.
• Designed year-long string of strategic planning “what if” exercises for the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) to inform national resource priorities. Analysis of the implications of future conflicts provided insights about potential strengths and weaknesses of programmed US efforts.
• Led day-to-day operations at Department of Defense (DoD) Alternative Analysis Cell. Provided real-time, predictive analytical support, ultimately informing 4-Star decisions regarding US retrograde from Iraq.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Expertise: Recognized firm expert in UAVs, authoring technical and operational assessments and white papers for Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, and Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
Technology Transition: Led private sector scientific community working groups to determine how best to accelerate the delivery of key technologies by, with, and through the US government.
Intelligence Community (Blue Badge)
Washington, DC Metro Area
6/07 – 5/08
• Supported senior US policymakers throughout information cycle by writing cables that evaluated defense resources, intentions, doctrine, and war-fighting capabilities of foreign governments and non-government actors.
• Briefed leadership on political, economic, and security aspects of current and emerging regional issues.
Department of State Office of Strategic and Performance Planning Washington, DC
12/06 – 6/07
Strategic Planner / Analyst
• Co-authored “Department of State 2025” strategic plan outlining anticipated diplomatic requirements and mapping ways to close gaps. Analyzed cultural, economic, and political trends for presentation to the Secretary of State.
• Engaged numerous foreign diplomats to gain global perspective on strategic planning best practices.
• Represented State Department at the Interagency Strategic Planning Group sessions focusing on implementation of a comprehensive interagency planning framework.
Office of Senator Saxby Chambliss
7/06 – 8/06
National Security Analyst
• Analyzed the development and procurement history of various military aircraft to minimize future acquisition costs. Drafted numerous papers supporting multi-year procurement, allowing for a savings of over $220 million.
• Drafted floor and special ceremony speeches for Senator Chambliss. Drafted questions for Congressional hearings pertaining to developments in Iraq and Afghanistan, military equipment procurement, and the nomination of key military leaders.
US Army Captain (Infantry and Reconnaissance) 5/99 – 6/06
Air Operations Officer and Platoon Trainer
Fort Benning, GA
• Planned and coordinated all aspects of fixed- and rotary-wing air operations for over 2500 soldiers annually in Ranger School and the Reconnaissance and Surveillance Leaders’ Course.
• Managed staff to train a 63-person Ranger platoon during at Army Ranger School.
Brigade Assistant Logistics Officer, Germany
• Managed Brigade maintenance, including the status of 1200 tactical vehicles and reports from staff.
• Improved staff efficiency by streamlining the vehicle status reporting process
• Managed 100-person contract maintenance staff to enhance readiness of the Brigade Combat Team’s fleet.
• Planned and coordinated logistical support during US-Polish Operation “Immediate Response.” Facilitated the integration of Polish contractors / maintainers to assist US operations in Poland.
Platoon Leader, Germany and Kosovo
• Led 18-person platoon in an imminent danger zone in support of UN Security Council Resolution 1244.
• Routinely tasked and leveraged airborne ISR assets while conducting multi-national reconnaissance and interdiction missions.
• Developed US-German interoperability procedures while serving under German Task Force command.
• Utilized knowledge of French culture and language as interpreter during battalion’s study of Normandy.
Skills Write Up:
Experienced Intel Analyst with deep experience leveraging classified (SIPR, JWICS, CWE) network, databases, search engines, and wikis
• Kandahar, Afghanistan (January – October 2011)
• Kosovo (April – November 2002)
• Trained in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Lotus Notes
Military Training: Ranger, Airborne, Air Assault, US Army Instructor, Certified Ranger Instructor
• Internet research
• Social media (Open Source and Classified)
Education Write Up:
George Washington University, Graduate School of Professional Studies, Washington, DC Masters in Political Management 5/14 (exp.)
George Washington University, Elliott School of International Affairs, Washington, DC
Master of Arts in International Affairs 5/08
• Awarded Maria H. Davis High Achievement Fellowship for excellence in European studies
• Awarded Phi Delta Gamma Graduate Scholarship for academic excellence
• Selected to lead United States delegation at Young Atlanticist NATO Summit in Bucharest
• Selected by German Ambassador to US to speak at 50th Anniversary of the Treaty of Rome celebration
Relevant Coursework: European, Russian, and Central Asian political, economic, and security analysis; Future of US and European Military-Industrial Complex; Strategic Planning
The United States Military Academy
West Point, NY
Bachelor of Science in Military Science 5/99
• Ranked highest in Military Science major (Commandant’s Award)
• Ranked highest in Environmental Engineering minor (Excellence in Environmental Engineering Award)
Combined Arms and Services Staff School
Fort Leavenworth, KS
Infantry Captains’ Career Course
Fort Benning, GA
Please contact us for now if you need to.
Basic: Post your positions thru our Candidate searchable "Position Builder" which includes your company contact information. With over 10,000 views a month, this maximizes your position requirement exposure to not only our highly qualified candidates but the entire SOF community and beyond. Initial posting exposure reaches an average of 40,000 people in the DoD, and Inter Agency with the highest exposure being over 70,000 and growing.
Basic Service: $50 per month
Premium Service: This service includes posting your positions and having BEYOND SOF staff assists in the vetting and selection process. This also includes a 30 day early termination refund or 90 day replacement. We tailor a service agreement that aligns with your business model and company strategy. Contact us email@example.com
Working with BEYOND SOF allows you access to our selective network of both US and International clients. Our focus is primarily new contract opportunities to formulate new enduring forms of revenue for our clients. Contact us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org
Up through NSA cleared. Contact us at email@example.com
For companies looking to streamline systems, better enable their human capital, expand ROI, buy small companies with niche capabilities that enhance overall strategy, or sell of divisions that will enable focusing on new directions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rapid Acquisition: Full spectrum.
We start with finding the funding first, then tailoring the solution within those constraints/enablers to offer the full turn-key solution. Let us move your product/service in both CONUS and International arenas...email@example.com