Location: Crystal City, VA, Crystal City, VA, US
Salary: Negotiated based upon experience
Period of performance: Full-time
Clearance: Interim Secret or higher required
Beyond SOF Referral Payment: $500 for tagging/sharing this post to someone who gets hired
Overview: Client is looking for an audit readiness consultant to provide financial compliance and audit support to the Army Working Capital Fund (AWCF), develop and implement solutions to control deficiencies in AWCF business processes, monitor and validate corrective actions, and to provide education and training to the AWCF financial management workforce. The right candidate shall be:
• Knowledgeable of GAAP, FASAB, GAGAS, OMB Circular A-123, GAO Green Book, DoD Financial Management Regulation, and DoD and Army organizational structures.
• Experienced in performing audit readiness services within the Department of Defense
• Familiar with current trends to enhance ERP systems, (GFEBS, GCSS-A, LMP).
• Familiar with pertinent Office of Management and Budget (OMB) policies and federal financial management systems requirements.
• Familiar with DoD policies, systems, and procedures for personnel, acquisition, inventory, property and material management.
• Possess a minimum of Interim SECRET security clearance and must be a United States citizen.
• Facilitate interaction and execution of external financial statement audits and provide audit liaison support.
• Develop and/or update the Army strategy and plan to identify and overcome findings/deficiencies preventing the Army from getting an unmodified opinion on the AWCF financial statements.
• Develop/implement feeder system reconciliation solution to reconcile the AWCF’s Universe of Transactions data
• Advise, design, and/or validate the status of Information Technology (IT) controls and processes
• Design, assist in the implementation and validate the business processes to meet the Existence, Completeness, Rights and Valuation assertions for AWCF General Property, Plant and Equipment (GPP&E) and Inventory.
• Review the AWCF Statement of Net Costs (SNC) and Statement of Changes in Net Position (SCNP)
• Assess the current Fund Balance with Treasury (FBwT) reconciliation process.
• Assess Posting Logic for General Ledger activities
• Assist with the development of service organization agreements and eventual monitoring of their annual reports to understand and document the impact to the AWCF enterprise
• Monitor Internal Controls (A-123/ERM and MICP programs)
• Develop training materials on AWCF business processes and train AWCF personnel
• Provide Change management and communication supports
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Logistics or Business Management or CPA or CISA.
• 6 years of experience with the Department of Defense financial management.
• 2 years of experience with Army audit readiness.
• Demonstrate competence in understanding, reading, speaking, and writing the English language.
• Experience in delivering innovative accounting or auditing solutions to the Department of Defense,
• An understanding of the Army’s business transformation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions, especially the Logistics Modernization Program and the Global Combat Support System-Army,
• Experience and expertise in providing assessments and improvements of financial statement auditability plans,
• Experience in providing audit infrastructure support for a large-scale audit, (size and scope of the Army), to interact with the external financial statement auditors and provide audit liaison support to Army organizations, Commands, Service Providers, and other external stakeholders,
• Use of best practices, as well as known and widely used production quality commercial off the shelf (COTS) tools, techniques and templates to complete audit readiness assessments and implement recommendations, and
• The ability to draw upon additional resources and maintain a “reach-back” knowledge base capability that can be drawn upon during workload peaks.
Please contact us for now if you need to.
Basic: Post your positions thru our Candidate searchable "Position Builder" which includes your company contact information. With over 10,000 views a month, this maximizes your position requirement exposure to not only our highly qualified candidates but the entire SOF community and beyond. Initial posting exposure reaches an average of 40,000 people in the DoD, and Inter Agency with the highest exposure being over 70,000 and growing.
Basic Service: $50 per month
Premium Service: This service includes posting your positions and having BEYOND SOF staff assists in the vetting and selection process. This also includes a 30 day early termination refund or 90 day replacement. We tailor a service agreement that aligns with your business model and company strategy. Contact us email@example.com
Working with BEYOND SOF allows you access to our selective network of both US and International clients. Our focus is primarily new contract opportunities to formulate new enduring forms of revenue for our clients. Contact us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org
Up through NSA cleared. Contact us at email@example.com
For companies looking to streamline systems, better enable their human capital, expand ROI, buy small companies with niche capabilities that enhance overall strategy, or sell of divisions that will enable focusing on new directions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rapid Acquisition: Full spectrum.
We start with finding the funding first, then tailoring the solution within those constraints/enablers to offer the full turn-key solution. Let us move your product/service in both CONUS and International arenas...email@example.com