• The George Washington University: Washington, DC (Expected May 2013)
Masters of Arts in International Affairs candidate; Concentration in US Foreign Policy
• University of St. Andrews: St. Andrews, Scotland, UK (May 2011)
Graduate Certificate in Terrorism Studies
• William Jewell College: Liberty, MO (May 2009)
Bachelor of Arts in Institutions and Policy; Top debater in Missouri, 2009; GPA 3.5, magna cum laude
• University of Oxford: Oxford, England, UK (2007-2008)
Oxford Overseas Study Course; Intensive tutorials in Middle Eastern Affairs and Terrorism Studies
• Active DOD Top Secret clearance with CNWDI (Last SSBI: April 2010); NATO Secret clearance
Strategic Planner, Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), TASC, Inc. (July 2010-Present)
• Develops strategies to engage partner countries in Southeast Asia, Europe, and the Black Sea region to counter the spread of weapons of mass destruction (WMD). Recommendations on the Southeast Asia strategy are now being incorporated into White House-level talking points for the Asia Summit in late-2011.
• Provides direct analytical and logistical support to Ambassador Robert Joseph’s working group in the Threat Reduction Advisory Committee, a federal advisory committee for the study of WMD issues that reports to the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics.
• Analyzes threats, constraints, relationships, and alternative scenarios to prepare key strategy and policy documents—for example, the 2011 DTRA Strategic Plan and DoD Directive 5105.62 “Defense Threat Reduction Agency”—enabling the Agency to succeed in future environments.
• Aligns Agency-level plans and strategies with guidance from National-level strategies, Theater Campaign Plans, and the Guidance for the Employment of the Force.
• Fosters a collaborative planning environment by coordinating efforts with combatant commands, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Department of Energy, the Department of State, and other interagency partners.
• Supports capture planning—including the development of technical approach, past performance, and staffing approach– of business proposals for DTRA and the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Defense Programs.
Facilities Technician, US Strategic Command, Spiral Solutions & Technologies (January-July 2010)
• Managed the security of controlled-access areas, protecting Department of Defense assets by escorting and supervising visiting personnel as they perform tasks in restricted areas.
• Assisted program managers by tracking and reporting the progress of major renovations, identifying and rectifying obstacles to project completion.
Research Assistant, US Strategic Command, Global Innovation & Strategy Center (May-October 2009)
• Evaluated techniques in deterrence analysis and modeling, supporting a General Officer-level decision at JFCC-Global Strike to invest in new deterrence planning tools for the 2025 timeframe.
• Applied knowledge of deterrence concepts to current geopolitical situations (e.g. Islamic insurgency in Pakistan), forecasting the impact of local developments upon nuclear security and regional stability.
• Formulated the guiding principles and objectives for a workshop on future global threats at the National Security Analysis Department of the Johns Hopkins University. Workshop provided critical background material on the strategic environment for future planning efforts.
Oxbridge Research Fellow, William Jewell College (May 2008- May 2009)
• Collected field observations during tense political conditions in Israeli settlements, Palestinian refugee camps, and military outposts, informing an academic analysis of Israeli settlement policy.
• Planned, funded, and executed an academic project, managing time, grant money, and logistical considerations to conduct original research in Europe, the Middle East, and the United States.
• Presented findings through briefings, speeches, and conversations to a variety of academic and professional audiences, including leaders at US Strategic Command and a former US president.
• Coordinated outreach to publicize a research delegation to the Middle East; interviewed by newspapers including the Omaha World Herald, the Bellevue Leader, and the editorial board of the Kansas City Star.
• Modern Standard Arabic, Intermediate proficiency both spoken and written
• 1/5th of life spent abroad: Egypt, Israel, Morocco, the West Bank, Germany, United Kingdom
• Task manager; experienced staff officer in a Defense Agency and Combatant Command
• Policy analysis, international affairs analysis, strategic planning, performance metrics
• Award-winning public speaker
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite on WindowsXP and 7; MacOS X; SharePoint editor
• The George Washington University: Negotiation Skills (September 2011);
• Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management: Security Cooperation Management Course (June 2011)
• Defense Nuclear Weapons School: WMD Command, Control, and Coordination (September 2011); Proliferation, Terrorism, and Response (September 2011); Weapons of Mass Destruction in the 21st Century (August 2010)
For contact info click here
Please contact us for now if you need to.
Basic: Post your positions thru our Candidate searchable "Position Builder" which includes your company contact information. With over 10,000 views a month, this maximizes your position requirement exposure to not only our highly qualified candidates but the entire SOF community and beyond. Initial posting exposure reaches an average of 40,000 people in the DoD, and Inter Agency with the highest exposure being over 70,000 and growing.
Basic Service: $50 per month
Premium Service: This service includes posting your positions and having BEYOND SOF staff assists in the vetting and selection process. This also includes a 30 day early termination refund or 90 day replacement. We tailor a service agreement that aligns with your business model and company strategy. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with BEYOND SOF allows you access to our selective network of both US and International clients. Our focus is primarily new contract opportunities to formulate new enduring forms of revenue for our clients. Contact us to learn more at email@example.com
Up through NSA cleared. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For companies looking to streamline systems, better enable their human capital, expand ROI, buy small companies with niche capabilities that enhance overall strategy, or sell of divisions that will enable focusing on new directions. Contact us at email@example.com
Rapid Acquisition: Full spectrum.
We start with finding the funding first, then tailoring the solution within those constraints/enablers to offer the full turn-key solution. Let us move your product/service in both CONUS and International arenas...firstname.lastname@example.org