Work Location: 200 I Street SE
Submit Before: 02/13/2018
Start Date: 03/1/2018
Contract through: 02/28/2019
Candidate Pay Rate: $60.00/hr 1099
The IT Business Analyst (BA) will support the District-wide effort to provide Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations (DR-COOP) for the District of Columbia government’s critical systems.10 (ten) years of experience required.
The IT Business Analyst (BA) will support the District-wide effort to provide Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations (DR-COOP) for the District of Columbia government’s critical systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for interfacing with District agency technical and business staff to fully understand their critical systems and the business operations they support. The BA will work under the supervision of a Senior Technical Project Manager to perform business impact analyses for District agencies as part of assessing the overall impact to operations if agency critical systems are jeopardized. The Business Analyst will draft customer questionnaires, conduct integrated teaming sessions, perform systems analysis and draft associated documentation; perform general business analysis activities; and develop and/or assist in the development of documentation related to all project activities for the life of the project
Responsibilities and Expectations:
– Leads business impact analysis efforts by interviewing agency business and technical systems owners, to include senior executives.
– Interfaces with internal agency technical staff to convey an understanding of customer business systems in technical terms.
– Applies fundamentals of business systems analysis to properly document both process and automated systems.
– Ensures that all deliverables are met on time against the project schedule while ensuring the highest standards of quality.
– Ultimately responsible for the quality and comprehensiveness of all project documentation artifacts, to include, but not limited to, customer questionnaires, business impact analysis, business systems’ technical architecture, application and disaster recovery/failover testing plans.
– Gathers and documents business, functional, and technical requirements for the purposes of software application development as necessary.
– Documents accurate use cases and user stories based on customer requirements as necessary.
– Will communicate timelines and statuses on all deliverables in a timely manner.
– Will provide direct support to the Senior Technical Project Manager and OCTO Program Management staff.
– Prepares reports for management.
– Will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with a wide audience ranging from senior executives and associated business personnel to software developers, testers, database architects, and systems engineers.
– Displays a high degree of adaptability, flexibility, and willingness to assist fellow team members.
– Extremely strong critical thinking skills
CONTRACT LABOR CATEGORY DESCRIPTION————————————————————————————
|Skill||Required / Desired||Amount||of Experience|
|Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience||Required|
|Experience as an IT Business Analyst||Required||10||Years|
|Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)||Required||10||Years|
|Solid understanding of software quality assurance and processes||Required||10||Years|
|Intermediate understanding of relational data models.||Required||5||Years|
|Experience conducting Business Impact Analysis||Required||5||Years|
|Experience assisting in the architecting and/or documenting of disaster recovery/COOP solutions.||Required||3||Years|
|Skilled with MS Office tools (Visio, PowerPoint, Word & Excel)||Required||10||Years|
|Experience developing use cases and user stories.||Required||8||Years|
|Experience in business process mapping or operational redesign / improvement||Required||8||Years|
|Experience as a technical writer in a software/application development environment||Required||10||Years|
|Experience creating process flows and system architecture diagrams using Visio||Required||8||Years|
|Experience conducting integrated team sessions||Required||8||Years|
|Experience working with technical staff such as software developers and DBAs||Required||5||Years|
|Professional in Business Analysis (PBA) certification or equivalent||Desired|
|6-10 yrs adapting functional business reqs/processes to technical solutions based upon enterprise application solution sets||Not Required||6||Years|
|6-10 yrs experience with ERP management processes such as knowledge mgmt, supply chain mgmt, material mgmt, logistics, and procurement||Not Required||6||Years|
|6-10 yrs experience with one or more of following: investment analysis, data warehousing, e-commerce, ROI analysis, HR analysis, info dissemination||Not Required||6||Years|
Please contact us for now if you need to.
Basic: Post your positions thru our Candidate searchable "Position Builder" which includes your company contact information. With over 10,000 views a month, this maximizes your position requirement exposure to not only our highly qualified candidates but the entire SOF community and beyond. Initial posting exposure reaches an average of 40,000 people in the DoD, and Inter Agency with the highest exposure being over 70,000 and growing.
Basic Service: $50 per month
Premium Service: This service includes posting your positions and having BEYOND SOF staff assists in the vetting and selection process. This also includes a 30 day early termination refund or 90 day replacement. We tailor a service agreement that aligns with your business model and company strategy. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with BEYOND SOF allows you access to our selective network of both US and International clients. Our focus is primarily new contract opportunities to formulate new enduring forms of revenue for our clients. Contact us to learn more at email@example.com
Up through NSA cleared. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For companies looking to streamline systems, better enable their human capital, expand ROI, buy small companies with niche capabilities that enhance overall strategy, or sell of divisions that will enable focusing on new directions. Contact us at email@example.com
Rapid Acquisition: Full spectrum.
We start with finding the funding first, then tailoring the solution within those constraints/enablers to offer the full turn-key solution. Let us move your product/service in both CONUS and International arenas...firstname.lastname@example.org