VMware (ESXi) Systems Engineer
Salary: $110K, ($146K Washington DC equivalent)
Location: Arnold Missouri, 20 min south of St. Louis
Period of Performance: Base +2 years
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
VMware virtualization expertise is required to support both onsite and offsite activities.
1. Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere , vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX).
2. Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment.
3. Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards.
4. Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment.
5. Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft and Linux O/S 6.Within established procedures, responds to end user requests for technical support and assistance.
7. Support off hour maintenance activities.
8. Support the Certification and Accreditation process for virtualization hosts.
9. Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure.
10. Maintain current industry knowledge of development concept, practices and procedures.
11. Develop an in-depth understanding of the NCE-Active IT baseline capabilities, design and objectives.
12. Hands-on experience designing and implementing vROPS in a production environment, to include developing policies and custom dashboards.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
2. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
3. Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
Minimum Qualifications ** ENSURE YOU ADDRESS _EACH_ OF THESE IN RED (and those in blue) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us for now if you need to.
Basic: Post your positions thru our Candidate searchable "Position Builder" which includes your company contact information. With over 10,000 views a month, this maximizes your position requirement exposure to not only our highly qualified candidates but the entire SOF community and beyond. Initial posting exposure reaches an average of 40,000 people in the DoD, and Inter Agency with the highest exposure being over 70,000 and growing.
Basic Service: $50 per month
Premium Service: This service includes posting your positions and having BEYOND SOF staff assists in the vetting and selection process. This also includes a 30 day early termination refund or 90 day replacement. We tailor a service agreement that aligns with your business model and company strategy. Contact us email@example.com
Working with BEYOND SOF allows you access to our selective network of both US and International clients. Our focus is primarily new contract opportunities to formulate new enduring forms of revenue for our clients. Contact us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org
Up through NSA cleared. Contact us at email@example.com
For companies looking to streamline systems, better enable their human capital, expand ROI, buy small companies with niche capabilities that enhance overall strategy, or sell of divisions that will enable focusing on new directions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rapid Acquisition: Full spectrum.
We start with finding the funding first, then tailoring the solution within those constraints/enablers to offer the full turn-key solution. Let us move your product/service in both CONUS and International arenas...email@example.com